Saturday, October 3, 2026

20261002 IZY got New ONE!! V61GSE(Micronesia)


20261002 IZY got New ONE!! V61GSE(Micronesia)





V61GSE Micronesia flag Micronesia

Takeo Takahata

Weno Island, Chuuk
Micronesia

QSL: LoTW, eQSL,OQRS

Page managed by JR1GSE Lookups: 6125

 
    Hello everyone, this is Mako, JJ5IZX.
    Two days ago, right after I posted, something big happened!
    IZY successfully caught the "New One" in the title. 


    V61GSE on 15m Band



    To be honest, we had several chances before but somehow kept missing this entity.
    Unfortunately, I missed taking a screenshot of the 17m contact, but I managed to save the ones for 15m and 80m.
    As for my own station, IZX, I already had confirmed QSOs in SSB, CW, and PSK31, but this was my very first time on FT8 (lol).
    Securing them on 80m was especially huge. For a modest station like ours, being able to log an entity that is relatively easier to catch was a very welcome surprise.


    V61GSE on 80m Band


    Greed got the better of me, so I kept watching 40m and ran into FW1P, and managed to bag them too (and yes, got the screenshot!).
    At first, there was some domestic SSB QRM, so even when I was picked up, I couldn't confirm the RR73 and was on pins and needles.
    However, about 30 minutes later, the frequency became crystal clear.
    I called right away and made the QSO shortly after. (IZY cleared it much more easily).
    It felt a bit like an anticlimax after all that worry, but both IZX and IZY got them in the log!


    FW1P on 40m Band



    The perfectly timed QRV by V61GSE (Mr. Takahata) gave us so much hope.

    Thank you so much!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment