Sunday, August 3, 2014

20140803 GD0OUD(sle of Man) on 17m CW

20140803 GD0OUD(sle of Man) on 17m CW

QSL image for GD0OUD
GD0OUD Isle of Man flag Isle of Man
Stuart Hill
54 Wybourn Drive
Onchan IM3 4AT
Isle of Man
QSL: VIA RSGB BUREAU OR LOTW.
Email: Use mouse to view..
Ham Member Lookups: 38437 

20140803 1200UTC 18087kHz GD0OUD
Date : 03/Aug/2014 1200UTC
Freq : 18087kHz CW
Rig   : SDR(PI4THT)
ANT : Mini-Whip(PAORDT) 
PC recording

Born and bred in Sheffield, England.
After leaving school, I took up the position of apprentice electrician at one of the (then) many steelworks in Sheffield, qualifying in 1979.
My first experience of ham radio was watching my brother Steve - G0JJV, working Australia with 10 watts of CW via a TS120V, and I have been hooked ever since.
I was first licenced in 1990 as G7HTG. I then sat the 12wpm morse test to gain my class "A" call sign G0OUD.
My main interests are CW, homebrew and QRP, they all seem to meld together rather well for me as I enjoy building anything, bikes and trikes are another interest.
We moved to the Isle of Man in November 2006 ( I became GD0OUD), as the wife missed the family and the Island too much. I didn't take too much convincing. If you have visited here, you know why. If you have not, that is your loss!
The better half is now licensed as 2D0JEA, and the grandson, Tom, is licensed as 2D0TWM.
QSL is via the Bureau ( preferably), LOTW is fine, and eQSL if you really must. Direct is awkward as the Post Office here no longer accepts IRC's, but if you email me we can sort it out.
I am not interested in the various log book setups that exist on the internet. My personal log and LOTW are sufficient, and I see no benefit in duplicating my log.
I upload my log to LOTW at the end of each month. If you need confirmation sooner please email me.
SWL reports very welcome, and QSL cards exchanged.
I am happy to arrange a sked if you want to work GD, whether it is for an award or just a rag chew.
P.S. There are only about half a dozen CW ops on the Isle of Man, so if you hear " --. -.." on air, it's your lucky day!


                                                                                                

  


Free counters!




1132770 Last modified: 2014-07-27 10:37:58, 4214 bytes

No comments:

Post a Comment